Back Pain Relief 4 Life Coaching Sessions

HowToGetExBack.com

Starting Up

Starting Up
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I remember a time a few years ago when I was asked to design
and build a project from scratch. The project was a simple
distributed control system controlling multiple ceiling fans.
And it has to be finished like, yesterday!
I rushed through the project like my life depended on it and a
month and a half later, it was complete. Actually, I was quite
proud of myself. It was finished in record time and I don't
think anybody could finish a similar project that fast. I was
wondering if it was a good time to ask for a raise, but…..
My boss took one look at it and asked, "Would it have been
better if you had networked the modules together with a
single cable?"
And he was right. If I had designed it the way he suggested, it
would have been cheaper, easier to design and faster to
complete.
What happened?
In my blind rush to complete the project as fast as I could, I
started design with the first feasible concept I thought of, and
just kept going. If I had just waited a day or two, considered
alternatives, I would have come up with the better design that
my boss suggested.

By rushing, I had actually wasted time, instead of saving it.
Needless to say, I decided it wasn't a good time to ask for a
raise. But I had learnt the lesson well and in future projects, I
made sure I spent enough time planning before starting.
I'm sure you are all raring to go. But before you go charging
into the Internet selling anything that moves, spend a bit of
time preparing. It will take longer but in the long run, you will
be more profitable.
Believe me, I have been there. ;)
We shall continue with preparations that you should do as
you plan your business.
Internet Access
You will be online a lot of the time. It will be best to get a
broadband connection with unlimited access.
Computer
A lot of your work will be done on your computer and it has to
be in good working order. Good working order should be
defined as follows:
● You can work on the computer for 8 hours continuously
without it crashing. This includes being able to connect
to the Internet continuously for 8 hours without getting
disconnected.
● It doesn't take forever for an application to load. I would

look at anything up to 10 seconds as typical while 15 -
30 seconds is a little too long.
● Maintain a good backup routine. There are many
options available, but I would recommend using a
portable hard disk or thumb drive, or writing to CD
ROMs.
● Backup at least once a week.
● Make sure the computer is available when you need it.
Any kids chatting, or hubby checking up on the sports
news must make themselves scarce, when you show
up.
Software
Each and every business is different and so are their software
requirements. I have complied a short list to get you started.
You will have to add to it as you move along in your business.
● Word Processor. If your computer doesn't already have
one installed, you could try WordPad. It doesn't have a
lot of features, but it comes free with Windows.
● Html Editor. You are going to have to do some form of
web page design or editing. Even if you were to start
from a ready made template, you are still going to have
to put in your content.
● Graphics Editor. At some point you are probably going
to need a graphics editor. You can try the Paint
program that comes with Windows.